Friday, December 10, 2010

3 Months Ago Today

Three months ago today, I went to a seminar that changed my life. I have shared in the past how I know that God was leading me to go to this seminar. God got my heart ready for it before I had even heard of the seminar. Once I was willing to let God led - then he brought the information to me. That first night, we watched the movie - "Forks over Knives" and it(along with the seminar) changed my life. The blessings have been so worth it - I have not had a soda since 3 months ago today. Never suffered from it either. To be truthful there was a time or two that I heard a soda can being opened that I was a little tempted, but Praise God I have chosen to stay away from the stuff and He has given me the strength to do so. I was amazed that it did not take long at all to notice changes in my blood pressure and my pulse rate. All of these numbers have gone down. My blood pressure had been borderline high before I made these changes. And the weight loss - that has been to me one of the biggest blessings. Every time that I have tried to lose weight in the past - I have struggled and struggled and my whole life became about food- and not in a good way. This time - I can eat - I eat good. You would probably not believe how much I eat. I am not starving at all. This morning I had a pear, apple and an orange and then about a cup of oat groats( like oatmeal) with about 1 1/2 T. sunflower seeds and a couple of T. of raisins with some honey for sweetener and some soy milk. Trust me - this is a lot of food. I have never before been able to eat enough that I feel full and still be able to lose weight. It has been great.
So today I celebrate - 3 months of a new lifestyle - God's blessings in my life- wisdom from God- and Courage when I need it. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Three Month Anniversary Lisa!!! Definately a wonderful thing to celebrate! And you have helped take some of the rest of us along with you for the ride as well! :) Here's to the next three months!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking