Saturday, December 11, 2010

Check Those Labels

On Friday on my weekly trip to the store, I was on the vitamin isle looking for a Calcium/ Vit D mix vitamin.Well not too far way I saw what looked like a multivitamin. I thought to myself - well I already have a multivitamin - maybe this multivitamin will have the combination of the vitamins that I want. So I turned the bottle around and started to look through the ingredients. I was blown away when I saw that a pretty good dose of caffeine was in these vitamins. I have been caffeine free for 3 months - I have NO plans of every getting hooked on the stuff again. I was not very happy that they would put it in a multivitamin - pretending that it is a nutrient that would be helpful for your body. So I wanted to write a quick post to say - when you are buying vitamins- please be sure and look to see what the ingredients are- you may be surprised.

I have shared before that Aspertame is another thing that I am trying to stay away from. I do not think it is safe and it is so surprising the many products that have it in it. I thought that just sugar free stuff - but the truth is that most gums have it in the ingredient list. And that is sad. To say the least - I chew much less gum now. There are just a brand or two that does not have aspertame and I just check the label to make sure. It is sugared gum that I get, but I do not chew it very often at all.

Anyway it is a good idea to check the labels of what we buy. I think that this is just one more reason to eat as many foods as close to how it is grown as possible. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts on checking labels. I check all labels but I know that many people don't.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision