Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baked Elegant Oatmeal

This is one of the recipes that was shown at the cooking class that I went to. It is very tasty. The one I tasted was with blueberries and it was SO good. Almost desert like.

Baked Elegant Oatmeal
3 cups diced fruit - blueberries, peaches
3 cups old fashioned oats
3 cups soy milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz frozen fruit concentrated (white grape, peach, apple, pineapple)
1 Cup chopped nuts or coconut, for topping
1/4 cup brown sugar(topping)

1.Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Cover bottom of a 9X13 casserole with fruit
3. Sprinkle oats on top of fruit.
4. Blend soy milk, coconut milk, salt, vanilla, and juice concentrate until creamy, pour over oats.
5. Mix nuts and/or coconut with sugar and sprinkle over top of oat mixture.
6. Bake in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling around the edges of pan.
7. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes to firm up the oatmeal.

This was delicious! I hope my family likes it as much as I did! :o)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds very good but am not familiar with soy milk? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking