Friday, December 17, 2010

This and That

Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I were able to watch our granddaughter for a few hours to give her Mommy and Daddy a chance to go out. While she was here, I decided to see how much she weighed - I weighed myself first and then weighed myself with her and figured the difference. She weighs abut 25 pounds now. Then as I had written it down and realized that I have lot more weight than how much she weighs made me think about how when I carry her she is heavy and I used to be heavier than that- and so thankful for God's blessing and wisdom that finally got me on the right path.

We had a lot of fun with the Granddaughter, but I must admit it is a much harder job now that my husband is very limited in what he can do. And let me tell you - he loves that girl and wants to badly to play with her more than he is able to. But we made do and had a lot of fun.

And since I have a lot more extra time on my hands now - I will be spending some of it to work on getting the house a little bit more baby proof. There is cleaning and getting rid of stuff we do not need.

That has been one of the benefits of my journey - I am more able to let things go that I do not need in my life any more. I had let go of a lot of my grip on my job at the bakery already - more so because I have held on so tightly and wanted to do a good job and caused myself stress because I did not have the control of the bakery to make sure that a good job was done on everything and that all stressed me out in the past. But over the past several months God had already worked on my heart to let it go.

Remember a while back I shared the song - Surrender by Barlow Girl? Well this song really speaks to me and about this whole situation. We hold so tightly to our dreams that I think sometimes we don't allow God to lead us to the dreams He has for us. And I am sure that if I am fulfilling what God has in mind for my life I will feel more fulfilled. So I have let go of some things - not exactly on purpose or of my own doing but when doors are shut you really ought to move on. I am moving on. And I am looking forward to what God has in mind for me. Sure I am a bit scared - but that is so normal for me because changes used to be super hard for me - but I am learning that when God is in control - He gives you what ever you need in order to do what ever it is that He has asked you to do. That I am sure of! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking