Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Eggless Eggnog

Eggless Eggnog
1 3/4 C. Mori-nu tofu Lite,firm
2 C. Soy milk, Silk, plain
1/8 C. Honey
4 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp Imitation rum extract
1/4 C. Brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt

nutmeg or coriander

1. Place all of the above ingredients except for the nutmeg or coriander in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, chill.
2. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg or coriander on top.

This tastes SO good.
(By the way - this is not the water packed tofu. This tofu can be stored in your pantry till you open it up. It is also very convient to have on hand. Here is an idea of what it would look like. )
I have been asked about Soy milk - I am not sure about where you live but where I live in the dairy case next to the milk they sell soy milk. Silk is a pretty popular brand. They also sell some soy milk in cartons elsewhere in the store(these don't have to be refrigerated till they are opened. I get my soy milk from Costco - I buy Kirkland Signature brand Organic Soy milk - I buy it by the case - 12 - 1 Qt. cartons for $12.79. What is so cool about this is that it cost just a little over a dollar a Qt. and I use one and once it is gone - I just get another Qt. from my pantry. It is so convenient. If you have not tried soy milk - you may want to start with a brand like Silk - it is really good stuff. I usually buy the vanilla flavored stuff to put into my Oat Groats for breakfast - or to drink. And I keep the plain on hand as well for recipes and such. I hope that this helped answer the question. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa, Silk Nog is good but this recipe looks amazing too! Thanks for the great recipe and for mentioning Silk, we're glad to hear Silk can be helpful in creating your yummy recipes.
    Cathy at Silk

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2