Friday, December 1, 2017

Back to the Basics

As I mentioned in yesterdays post, Friday was my birthday. And you know what that means.... it is time for a 50 by 50 update. July of 2016 I began a new journey. A journey to lose 50 pounds by the time I turned 50 years old and to not only lose the weight but to keep it off. I have lost 50 pounds before- but I haven't kept it off. It takes a lot of work and determination for me to lose 50 pounds. And every since my hysterectomy in 2013, I have been finding it even harder to lose weight.

I have lost 37 pound, however over the last several weeks with getting sick and not feeling good enough to exercise and then having my granddaughter for a week and feeding my family and not having as much time to fix my healthier meals _ I actually went up 2-3 pounds, but I have been working towards losing that weight and I am down to only 1 pound above my lowest weigh in now! And I plan to lose that other pound - if not more before the Christmas dinners begin. Hoping if I just work at keeping it off at least till the beginning of the new year - I can begin to lose weight again. I have been on a plateau long enough now. It feels like forever.

I have already spent time thinking about all of the healthy strategies that I have been using in order to lose weight and I have been getting back to the basics.

Setting my goal for long term has really made this a doable goal for me. I am so thankful that I did. I had been told that it was harder to lose weight during menopause and afterwards, and they certainly were right. Giving myself plenty of time has made it possible for me to lose the weight. And not give up. I have gotten discouraged especially over the last couple of months that I have felt like I am sitting still, but I am not giving up. I have come too far to give up and go back.

Sometimes while we are working towards our goals we get off track, but the key to reaching our goals is to get right back on track as soon as we can. Decide today what are some things you can do today to take better care of yourself and then implement them into your day. You are worth taking care of!

1 comment:

  1. To take better care of myself i need to lay off so much Coffee,and get back into walking on nice days..

    By the way, thank you thank you, got my goodie box in mail :-)
    LOVED IT

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories