Sunday, December 3, 2017

The First Hospital Visit in our Saga....

So last week I shared about how we have had a rough week. A rough week that started off with us losing our sweet Wally. Well now I have time for part two of the story - the story that is still continuing as I type this up.
 
This part of the story actually starts the Monday before Thanksgiving. My husband started feeling sick on Monday, in fact, he had to pull over and throw up on his way to work A couple of weeks before I had been sick and part of mine was feeling nauseous - so we didn't think much of it. He continued on going to work for the next couple of days. Feeling lousy and throwing up here and there. This sickness just held on....
 
On Saturday night his chest started hurting. We gave him aspirin and also a zantac. We took his blood pressure and everything seemed alright. So he decided to wait on going to the ER. Sunday he felt even lousier and decided to go to the ER. They decided to admit him and took him to a hospital downtown.
 
At the hospital - they followed what I call and one track tunnel vision protocol - that involved a stress test to see if it was his heart. Monday he was nauseous and throwing up and they basically gave him prescription for Zofran and sent him home. Problem not found... problem not fixed.
 
While at the hospital on Monday - my sister suggested I try to get a walk in. After my lunch in the cafeteria - it was such a beautiful day that I decided to go for a walk around the block. I had never walked in this area - downtown- but decided I needed the exercise and sunshine would do me good. He was in a room without a window. 

I saw a few neat sights that I took photos of to share:
 
 
And I discovered something that will be helpful to me in 6 months.
At my last visit to my oncologist, I was told that they would be moving soon - and if I am correct - I think this could be the new location:
So now back to our story:
 
He continued to be nauseous and throw up.

Thankfully he was able to get in to see his Gastroenterologist- and he set up an ultrasound of his abdomen. That was done Wed. By Thursday we found out that the ultrasound came back normal. But we had been told that sometimes gallbladder problems don't show up on this test and that if nothing showed up they would send him for a gallbladder function test.  The only problem was that the soonest they could get him in was Wed. And he was miserable - nauseous most of the time and throwing up most everything he ate. He could not go on like this... So on Friday I took him to the ER. And I will have to have that post another day.

Please be praying that answers are found as to why he is so nauseous and throwing everything up. Thank you so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity