Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Me Included!

Several weeks ago while our granddaughter was visiting, the weather was just warm enough for us to spend some time in the back yard. SweePea wanted to go explore the chicken yard. As we walked through the gate, we noticed a little sparrow on the ground- it tried to get away from us but obviously something was wrong with it. Just about that time Sweet Pea's Daddy came out side and she told him about the birdy. He came over and picked up a fallen leaf and used it to gently pick the bird up. He moved it's displaced wing into place and softly laid the birdy down.

SweetPea was fixing to have to go back to her Mother's but she wanted to make sure that the bird had food and water available to it. So the bird was laid near a watering can for the chickens and a handful of birdseed was laid on the ground in front of the bird.

Before we left we noticed the bird eat a bit. I was concerned because I didn't know if the injuries were something that the little birdy could come back from or not. I told SweetPea that I would check on the bird. A couple of hours later - I went outside to check on the birdy and it was gone. SweetPea was very happy to hear that.

The last week or two it seems that several sparrows have been hanging out near my bedroom window. It has really gotten the attention of our kitties. As I have watched them- I have wondered if one of these birds are the sparrow that we helped and if it is saying, "Thank you."

As I was watching the birds one day - these verses came to my mind:

"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:29-31
 
 
As I stood at the window watching the sparrows and thinking of the Bible passage - it suddenly struck me - if God cares about each sparrow- how can I be questioning His love for me. Just as God loves each sparrow - He loves each and every person, me included!
 
 
As I was looking up exactly where to find the scripture passage above - I found another one speaking of birds and God's love for us and I wanted to share it as well:
 
"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 
                                                                                                         
26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 
 
~Matthew 6:25-34                           


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! God gave you your answer--the assurance you asked Him for!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)