Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Way of Living

So during my husbands stay at the hospital - being in the hospital for 12 of 15 days - I was not able to eat the way I enjoy eating. I did the best I could but I was not able to do as good as I usually try to eat. I did my best to get exercise as much as I could but I wasn't able to get in as much as I usually try to do.  And I have found my self up about 3 pounds. Thankfully I had gotten back down to my low weight- before this - so I just have to work on getting back to where I was. And then I am hoping to be able to lose some weight.
What I have figured out - is that this is a lifestyle - this is not a just lose weight and then do what I want. I already knew this - but I just realized that if I want to lose this weight and keep it off - I will have to always stay vigilant. I will have to stay on top of any weight gain. And do what I can to keep it at a minimum. That is what I did while Jason was in the hospital - I did my best to eat a good breakfast. The rest of meals - were not as healthy as I usually like to eat. And I did work to get in at least several good walks in. So I did continue to make small choices here and there towards my goals. I admit that I also made a few poor choices - when I bought a small bag of peanut M&M's.....or two.... :0( Not real happy with myself about that but that is just part of stress eating - sometimes you pick poor choices - especially when you don't have as many healthy choices.

Health - isn't a goal...it's a way of living~ isn't that the truth!!
 
And when we are thinking of taking care of ourselves - it is about more than just losing weight - it's about taking care of our selves - physically, mentally and spiritually. We need to be balanced. :o)
 

1 comment:

  1. It is hard when you or someone you know is in the hospital.
    Hope he is better,and hope you are feeling good.
    I lost your home address, can you email it back to me rofl

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant