Sunday, December 31, 2017

First Things First

"As we need food to sustain our physical strength, so do we need Christ, the Bread from heaven, to sustain spiritual life and impart strength to work the works of God. As the body is continually receiving the nourishment that sustains life and vigor, so the soul must be constantly communing with Christ, submitting to Him and depending wholly upon Him." MB19



As we begin a new year- please join me as I try to do a better job of putting God first. This means that my quiet time will come before everything else.

My phone charges overnight on my night stand and in the morning before I even get out of bed, it is easy to reach over and check my phone. And then I can get totally distracted by checking this and that. But what I want to get back to is putting God first. My mind is fresh first thing in the morning. When the distractions of the world are put on hold, I am able to get so much more from my devotional time.

So please join me as we get back to the basics. Let us set aside time to study God's word and to pray and to be quiet so we can hear from God. And let us put that time first before everything else. When we put Him first the rest of the things seem to fall into place so much better.


"The words of God are the wellsprings of life. As you seek unto those living springs you will, through the Holy Spirit, be brought into communion with Christ. Familiar truths will present themselves to your mind in a new aspect, texts of Scripture will burst upon you with a new meaning as a flash of light, you will see the relation of other truths to the work of redemption, and you will know that Christ is leading you, a divine Teacher is at your side." MB20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking