Thursday, November 30, 2017

Blessed Hope

Friday was my birthday and I had every intention of spending a few minutes to write up a post. But the day ended up being filled to the rim.

I ended up having to go to a funeral on my birthday. My friend that I have told you all about - the one who also had endometrial cancer passed away Tuesday morning and Friday was her funeral. Once treatment was finished she had 3 months till her first check up in July when they did a scan and found several tumors. Even at that point I think we all felt she would have more time. Four months later she is gone. Asleep in Jesus, waiting for the day that He will come again and take her home.

                                 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 
1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
                           
 
The very next time she opens her eyes she will see Jesus!! I'm so thankful that we have this hope!
Jesus promised:
 
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 
John 14:1-3
                                                                             
These verses- by the way - were my friend Karen's favorite verses. I hope they comfort your heart as they do mine.
 
Sin, sadness, and death are a part of this sinful world but one day soon, Jesus will come again!
 
  4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."         
Revelation 21:4
 
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
         14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Titus 2:11-14
          
Praise the LORD!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)