Sunday, November 19, 2017

Expectations can lead to Disappointment

I was reminded again this week that expectations can lead to disappointments. And the truth is that usually they do.

When I finished my cancer treatment, I was told that I would have to go in form check ups every 3 months and then I would graduation to every six months then to yearly visits. Well some how I got the idea that at this last visit to my oncologist that I would graduate to the next level - yearly check ups. So imagine my disappointment when I was told to come back in 6 months. And then I will have another 6 month check up. If at that point I am all clear- I will transition back to a regular gyn. for my yearly check ups.

So yes, I am a bit disappointment. The Dr said everything looked good. And my ca-125 number has come down. Several other numbers are elevated or much lower than usual and I am hoping that has to do with infection that I am fighting.

I feel bad whining about having to go back to the oncologist in 6 months when I have friends who are back in treatment.

On my way to the oncologist, I drove by the road that leads to my friends house and I almost started to cry. On the 9th of November she was admitted to the Hospice House and I thought about how hard it must have been for her - knowing she would never see her home again. I have a lot to be thankful for. So although I was a bit disappointed, I am choosing to look at the things I have to be thankful for. I don't think we think on these things enough.

1 comment:

  1. It is understandable, But it will be okay :-) they just want to keep an eye on you ....
    Hope you are feeling better...

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision