Wednesday, November 29, 2017

It all started on Thursday....

So sorry it has taken me so long to get back here to get posts typed up. It has been a rough week. We will start at the beginning of the rough week.

Thursday morning started like every other morning. After quiet time it was time to take care of my animals. Since it was Thanksgiving and I was hosting a big thanksgiving dinner at our church, I was distracted. I let our kittens out of the sunroom, where they spend their nights and proceeded to get my bowl of kitchen scraps to take out to my chickens. As I got to the back door, which is in the sunroom- out of the corner of my eye - I caught a sight that stopped me dead in my tracks. our Wally was laying on the middle platform of the climbing toy. My heart knew instantly that something was wrong. Wally is the most loving cat and for him not to come and love me is totally out of his character.

Wally was dead. My husband and I have never lost a pet like that before. Every cat that we have lost in the past has gotten ill and we've had to take them to the vet and decide that it was best to put them down. It always hurts, but this situation has been different. Wally was only 1 1/2 years old and had seemed totally find the day before - and then he was gone.

Many tears were shed and I ended up having to reapply my make up before heading to the church to get our Thanksgiving meal going.

Our hearts are heavy as we go through the grieving period. Please keep up in your prayers for that and the rest - which will be a rest of the story told on another day. See you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that Wally was so young! I am so very sorry! Praying for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories