Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Milestone - Four Years

Today is my oncology checkup appointment. To be honest - I have been a bit more emotional lately. This usually happens around this time. But this year I have more reasons to be emotional about it. I have two friends who have had reoccurrences. One of them is going through treatment again, and the other one....she has been admitted to a hospice house... not expected to live very much longer. Her cancer is very aggressive. My heart breaks for her family. It could be me. She too, was diagnosed with endometrial cancer- but she has a combo of two different kinds and the combo and being very aggressive has made it move so very fast.

I also need prayers because earlier this week I got sick. I was able to get in to see the Dr Monday afternoon and have been on meds ever since- I was hoping to be feeling better by now so I had not rescheduled. These appt are made 6 months in advanced and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get an apt this year and since we have meant our first deductible for the year I would not have to pay the entire $158. For the appt like I would have to do if the appt was put off till next year. Anyway so now I'm committed to go and want to feel decent enough to go and also am praying that I'm not contagious- since I've been on meds for a few days.

Anyway I would sure appreciate prayers. Prayers that if there is any reason what so ever that I might need a ct scan that my Dr will order one. We have meant our deductible for the year so we would not have to pay for the whole entire testing cost. But I don't want to spend money unnecessarily, so I don't want to just ask for a ct scan. Anyway I am putting my trust in God - He is in control.

Oh and a bit of positive news here - this will mark my 4th year since my surgery! Isn't that awesome?!

Thanks so much for the prayers - they mean a lot! :O)

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)