Sunday, July 30, 2017

Brain Health..series..day 30

My husband had to leave for work at 4:30 this morning, I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. The good news is I'll have time to do some things I've been wanting to do but didn't have time. Bad news, I'm already feeling tired. I plan on going for a good walk this morning once it gets light out. Hopefully that will help refresh me.

But first, let's look at Proverbs 30 together. There seems to be some confusion in who actually wrote this chapter. But as my commentary said, "it is not necessary that we know through whom these inspired words were given."

Here are the verses that stood out to me:

"Every word of God is pure; (tested, refined, found pure)
And a shield to those who put
Their trust in Him.
6 Do not add to His words,
Least He rebuke you, and you be found a liar."
Verse 5-6

" 'Word' ~ The Lord has especially guarded His Word. To those who learn to rely upon it, the Word becomes a perfect shield and protection."  SDA Comm.
 
"You shall not add to the word which I commanded you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
Deuteronomy 4:2

"Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it."
Deuteronomy 12:32

" 'Add thou not' ~ Since the Word of God is purified by divine care, we should not tamper with it. our finite minds can never fully understand the thoughts of God."  SDA Comm.

"The words of the LORD are pure words,
Like silver tried in a furnace of earth,
Purified seven times."
Psalm 12:6

"The statues of the LORD are right,
Rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is
pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the LORD is clean,
enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true
and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than
gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."
Psalm 19:7-10

Proverbs 30

Psalms 30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)