Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Brain Health...series... Day 4

I can't promise that I will be able to come to my blog and share some extra things, but I do hope that you will join me as we read through Proverbs and Psalms and see what all we can learn.

Proverbs 4
"Security in Wisdom" is the subtitle of the 4th chapter of Proverbs. And as I read through the chapter I could see why.
 
"Wisdom in the principal thing; Therefor get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding."
Proverbs 4:7

I love what the note for this verse said in my Andrews Study Bible said:

Principal thing~ Literally, "The beginning of wisdom (is to) acquire wisdom."; appreciating wisdom's value is basic to being wise; proper appreciating brings unswerving decision to get it."

I also especially liked verses 20-22

20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;
                         22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.


I think because I have had my own personal health issues in the past the very last part of verse 22 really spoke to me. "And health to all their flesh." I found a great quote in my SDA Commentary that I would love to share:
"The close relationship between the mind and body seems here to be indicated. Wisdom and understanding bring healing to the body as well to the soul. Folly, misunderstanding, anxiety, and quilt are common causes of physical and mental trouble(MH 241)" (If you would like to read more in the Ministry of Healing - click the link above.)

I think this is the reason why we are told in verse 23 to, "keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life."

If we are keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus and surrendering our life's to Him, He will give us wisdom.


  "For I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law."
verse 2
 
4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words;
Keep my commands, and live".
verse 4 
 
 5 Get wisdom! Get understanding!
Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
verse 5

Stay focused on Jesus!! And seek after wisdom. :O)

Psalms 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)