Monday, July 3, 2017

Brain Health..series...Day 3

I can't promise that I will be able to come to my blog and share some extra things, but I do hope that you will join me as we read through Proverbs and Psalms and see what all we can learn.

Proverbs 3

Verses 5 and 6 of Proverbs 3 are favorites of mine. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to study about them more.

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


Here are a few things that I found. First I looked at the notes in my Andrew's Study Bible and found this treasure:

Lean not~ Do not rely; self-trust receives rebuke.

26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
Proverbs 28:26
I also found a few gems in my Commentary that I wanted to share:
"Trust in the LORD~ Entire trust in God is the only logical position for Christians to take; God has all knowledge and all power, and foresees and prepares against all the troubles that come upon man as sudden emergencies. For anyone to rely on his own understanding under such circumstances is foolish indeed. It is also folly to alternate between trust in self and trust in God.
To place little confidence in one's own understanding does not mean that a man must lay aside intelligence and give up the power of choice. Intelligence is needed to determine from the Word of God and from God's guiding providences what is the divine will. A will strengthened and cleansed by God is needed if one is to follow a true course through to the end. 
He shall direct ~  Or, "it is He who will direct." The Hebrew emphasizes that God, Himself will make straight and plain the path of His servants when His servant acknowledges Him in every phase of Life's many activities."
Psalms 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories