Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What He Will Do For The Broken Hearted

When I say that the last two and a half weeks have been the hardest of my life - I am not exaggerating at all. I am trying to wrap my mind around something that is something we were ever meant to endure - it is sin.
But I am called to Stand. And I, with the help of my Heavenly Father intend to do just that. There have been times of falling..many times of falling.. but each time God has been faithful to lift me back up with His gentle hands. Sometimes I need to be held up and that is ok..He understands.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalms 27:14

God has a plan for our lives and apparently these trials are meant to refine us into the people He wants us to be. Like a sculptor He is working on knocking off all the useless rock and debris from around the beautiful masterpiece He is creating us to be. 

But then the thought comes - but it seems like it is getting to the point that there may not be much left of me once He is done. And that is totally ok because the God who created the whole world is able to create a clean, new heart in me. 

I am learning..slowly at times...not to lean on my own understanding. God's ways are not our ways. The winds and the waves obey Him... He IS in control. 

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

So even though what I am facing seems to be an impossible situation. I am holding onto God's promises. 

"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, 
"With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26

I am facing a situation in which the adversary has come to steal, kill and destroy, But that is not the end of the story. Nope. Because I have faith in Jesus Christ. He came "for us to have life, and that we may have it more abundantly."

    The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 10:10 

So if you are facing a difficult situation right now - KNOW that God is in control. He heals the broken hearted.. He can heal your heart..as I trust He will heal mine. 

He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds.
Psalms 147:3

 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18

3 comments:

  1. He carries us when we are too weak to even stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad God is taking you through this hard time with the strength of his sure promises. I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I am trying to trust God and allow Him to work things out.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking