Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fulfillment of a Promise

As I look out the windows, I can feel the cool breeze. I can hear the birds sing for joy. Happily my chickens hunt for food. Such peaceful surroundings, but I feel broken. I am sitting here- still- being still - being reminded that God is God. My trust in Him is growing.

Life has a way of knocking us on our butts and breaking our hearts. Sin has a way of doing that. And it seems to me that the closer I grow to Jesus, the more I feel the fiery darts from the adversary. These darts are real. Sometimes the adversary uses those we love to cause us the most pain.

As I sit here, I pause and look out the window, I notice tiny sparrows bathing in my chicken's "swimming pool." I love the excitement of the birds playing in the water. Then I hear the loud "Caw Caw" of a big, black crow~ I'd like to think that he is thanking me of fulfilling the promise I made to him this morning, to thrown bread out for them later.

Each of these things are special to me and reassure me of God's unconditional love for me. He knew I needed reassurance - I had told Him earlier(before I started writing this post) that I knew that He loved me but wished it was more tangible.

When I began to write up this post, I had felt broken and unfixable, but God fulfilled a promise to me. He says in Psalms 46:10 to "be still and know that I am God." I am following His instructions to be still, by sitting here at my desk - looking out the windows and waiting on the Lord. And it has refreshed my soul. I feel peace that has come from God, not my circumstances they have not changed, but I trust in God and will hold onto His promises.

I don't want to go into details of what I am going through- I really can't. All I can say is that I really feel that Satan is attacking my family and especially my marriage. I'd really appreciate prayers for us. And know that I will be praying for each of you and your marriages(if you are married.) Satan wants to destroy families and if he can destroy marriages- he has won.

5 comments:

  1. Hang onto Jesus~ We are being attacked, but who is stronger? trust in Him.
    Our family is being attacked also, Little different circumstances, but it all is because of our adversary roaring like a lion. I am holding you up in prayer~and will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you a great big hug and I will continue praying for you. This past week I've also been spiritually attacked. Heartbroken, I have been thinking continually about Jesus' words in John 16:33: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” I hope you will find encouragement in that scripture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you. Satan is a family destroyer, but God is the Creator of families and way more powerful. Whatever you are experiencing, know that you have sisters who have been attacked and their marriages on the brink of destruction. When two or more people gather it is powerful. I'm lifting you up. Love to you my blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
    I will turn the darkness into light before them
    and make the rough places smooth.
    These are the things I will do;
    I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16

    Praying that God will guide you clearly--that you will see the path before your feet--whether that path is to walk down, or to be still. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very much ladies. I knew that there would be others that have dealt with very trying times and would be understanding. I appreciate all of your prayers!
    God is so great to bring all you ladies into my life! Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)