Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This and That Wednesday


Good Wednesday morning! Today is going to be a "this and that" sort of day. 

Yesterday I forgot to tell you that the book that I am reading "Life is Tough But God is Faithful" has a study guide at the back of the book. This book has been so very good. I am so glad that I looked through the bookcase to see what books I had that I had not read yet. I have more- but those books are just waiting for the right time. 
Here is a great quote that was in my reading this morning. Well it was in the study guide part of it. 

"Suffering is definitely a better teacher than all our joyful moments in life.
 We are changed eternally through suffering" 

This quote is so true - I really don't like that it is true though. Tough times are very difficult to go through. But as the title of the book says - God is Faithful. 
***************************
Well yesterday I had to mow my yard. When my husband got home his mowed the bar ditch. It is very steep and it scares me to mow it. I did get my trusty weed eater out and worked at getting stuff on the steepest parts of it and around the mail box and all. So the front yard looks great. I still have some weed eating to do in the back yard. 
I don't know if I have ever had to mow the last of October before. On a positive note - the high was only about 77 so it made for a pleasant job. 
Today and the next several days we will be up in the 80's again. Every year at a certain point - I usually pack up my summer clothes - along with my capri's. Well this year I have basically just packed up all but my favorite 2-3 pairs of capri's and several of my summer tops, just in case. It is sad but I may need them again this year. 
*******************
And just a little peek at how cute my sweet granddaughter is! 

Have a wonderful day! 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories