Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Leprosy...example of what sin does to the spiritual life

"When Miriam became jealous of her sister-in-law, and she and Aaron murmured against Moses, "the anger of the Lord was kindled against them. . . And, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow." After God had taught the lesson that the sins of jealousy, murmuring, and fault-finding are to the spiritual life what leprosy is to the physical being, then, in answer to Moses' prayer, she was healed. (Numbers 12:9-12)"
(Quote from the book I am reading "The Cross and Its Shadow"- in this chapter

I have to be honest, when I read this paragraph - it really cut to my core. My family and I are going through a situation in which we feel attacked. And because of this it is easy to get into that murmuring and fault finding of these other people - especially since they seem to be pointing out our faults. 

But I have been reminded again, by the Holy Spirit,

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." 
 Exodus 14:14

I don't know how this situation that we are going through will turn out, but I do know that God is in control and I am trying to hold onto that fact and have faith in Him. 

 LOL - I had to change out what bookmark I was using because every time I went back to my book - it would be out of the book. Apparently my cats were enjoying the challenge of getting it out of the book. 

2 comments:

  1. Exodus 14:14 is so comforting - thanks for this post. Also - sounds like you have some funny cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exodus 14:14 is one of my favorites as well. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking