Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Remembering...

It seems the older I get, the more funerals I have ended up going to. About 12 years ago or so, I decided to start keeping the special funeral bulletin's that I would receive when I went to funerals, as a special way for me to remember those who have passed away.

For the longest time I used an old cigar box. But I have a special box, that used to belong to my Dad.
 It is a very special box to me.

So last week when I was trying to do more work towards being more organized, I decided to use this box to store those special bulletins.

This is the way that I honor those who have passed away.

**************************
"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words."
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
*************************************

2 comments:

  1. What a neat way to store your memories of these precious people! I can't wait for heaven! I will introduce you to my mother-in-law there--you would really like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always keep the bulletins from funerals too. I love your storage box.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)