Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Reading Corner

Well last week, I finished reading my book - "The Cross and Its Shadow.'" It was such a great book. I really enjoyed it. This book will be one that I will keep in my collection of books for future reference.  

I had another book that I thought I was suppose to read next and actually read the first chapter - but it is just not the right time to read it, so I put the book away and looked through my bookcase and found this book" 
This is exactly the book that I needed to be reading now. It is an excellent book. The quote that I posted yesterday was in the 2nd chapter that I was reading yesterday. 

Today I just wanted to share a couple of the quotes so far that have really spoken to me: 

"When our dreams go sour or seem unfulfilled, we can choose to allow Satan to slither into our lives, or we can choose to remember that God is faithful, not matter how hopeless life gets." pg 12 

"After all, Christians are supposed to have all the answers. Theoretically, we are the ones who can deal with life because we have a powerful and loving God who hears our prayers and gives the victory. In reality, God often seems to respond with a "No," or a "please wait. My plan is in place; just trust Me." pg 18

"Trust me, (insert your name here). I have it all under control!" pg 20 

"But living our lives with certain things unresolved is what faith is all about. I believe that many things happen that we simply can't explain. When we look back after many years, we still have little understanding of what went on. But we have the knowledge and assurance that Jesus was there with us through every moment, walking by our side, guiding our footsteps. We never need to fear the questions, because Jesus was answer enough." pg 22 


What a blessing this book has been so far. I am very thankful that God lead me to this book. :o) 

I borrowed the photo from Amazon 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)