Monday, October 1, 2012

Icing on the Cake


This past week-end my husband took one of our sons and a buddy of theirs' on a camping/fishing trip. While they were gone, I really wanted to get the area around where we park our RV weed-eated. I had let it go a bit and really wanted to get it done while they were gone and while I could get to that area easily. 

After work on Friday, I had a few errands to run in town so I did not get home till about 5pm or so. There had been a threat of rain all afternoon. It is overcast and getting a bit cooler out there - 80's instead of the 90's it has been this week. 



Well as it got a bit darker outside and the wind picked up a bit, I prayed that God would allow me to at least get that area done before it started to rain. Well as I was finishing up - I felt a couple of large raindrops, but it  did not start raining. I finished the area that I wanted to get mowed and thought I will work on a bit more till the battery runs down. As I was working on another smaller area -it dawned on me that it was like icing on the cake. The cake itself is great but the icing makes it even better. Well God  had not only answered my prayer but he added a bit of icing as well. I love that about God. He blesses us above what we ask for...just because He loves us so very much! 


"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us," Ephesians 3:20 NAS

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the icing on the cake more than the cake itself :) I like the way you look at things. He does give us lots of extra blessings. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. God not only gives us the sweetness of life, but His ever present love and answering of prayers is the sweetest icing I've ever tasted. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking