Sunday, October 7, 2012

Before the Throne My Savior Stands - Poem


Before The Throne My Savior Stands

Arise, my soul, arise,
Shake off thy guilty fears;
The bleeding Sacrifice
In my behalf appears;
Before the throne my Savior stands;
My name is written on his hands.

He ever lives above,
For me to intercede;
His all-redeeming love,
His precious blood, to plead;
His blood was shed for all our race,
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.

Five bleeding wounds He bears,
Received on Calvary;
They pour effectual prayers,
They strongly speak for me;
Forgive him, O, forgive! they cry,
Nor let the contrite sinner die!

The Father hears Him pray,
His dear, anointed One;
He cannot turn away
The presence of his Son;
His spirit answers to the blood,
And tells me I'm a child of God

Charles Wesley

Another great poem found in the book I am reading:

The Cross and Its Shadow

3 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. I just love the writings of John and Charles Wesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. I am so grateful to all of the wonderful Godly women I have found through blogging. You enrich me so! :-). Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too am thankful for you two ladies who are such great godly women and have edified my life greatly!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking