Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Tales of the Shoes

As many of you know last week was a very rough week for me, but I don't want to focus on the negative things- I want to share a blessing with you all.

About 12 years ago - I bought this pair of black heels from Walmart. I loved them. Over the last couple of years I have noticed that they are loose. They slide off of my heels..alot. My Mother-in-law told me about some heel inserts that I could buy. I bought a pair of them and I put them in. Well I did not realize where the best place to put them so had to pull them off and replace them. Well they held up for a few weeks but then they started to move around on me. Sometimes even sliding up, hanging half out of the shoe..lol.
Well I knew it was getting time to find another pair of shoes. Well I have wide feet so I knew it would be hard to find shoes. I went to a couple of places and found nothing that fit and were comfortable. I was getting discouraged. I had about come to the conclusion that I might have to just buy more inserts. Well I had meant to buy a package of them when I went to the store yesterday morning, but I forgot.
 
Later in the day, my sister called me and said that she was going to a local Goodwill and if I wanted to meet up with her. Sure - I said. I looked forward to spending some time with her, not only shopping but visiting!
 
Well as we were talking, I noticed some cute shoes. But since I have wide feet I did not hold much hope that they would not only be my size but be wide with as well.
 
I walked over and looked and I was thrilled to see that they were my size - would they fit me?
 
Yes! They did!! And the best part of it is that they seem like they are about new. They have these great rubber soles. I don't think I have ever had this nice of heels before. Oh - not only where they like new- they were only $4.00!!!!
 
This was defiantly a case of God smiling on me and blessing me with something that I needed. I had also been looking for a nice pair of black jeans - found a pair for $7.99. I also found a great pair of jean for only $3.99. And a cute top - for $2.49 -And if the blessing was not enough at this point - it gets better. I have shared that when you shop at Goodwill - when you spend $10.00 you get a stamp. And once you collect 10 stamps - you get $10.00 off of your purchase. Well I was able to us the 10 stamps that I had so for right at $10.00 - I got all of the above! And this one pair of shoes was well worth that times 2-3!! Praise the Lord for  his provision!
 
What things are you thankful for today!!

5 comments:

  1. I love when God blesses us....and He LOVES when we recognize it. May more blessings rain down on you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I am smiling with you. God is so good. He is such a kind shepherd, talking care of our needs. Shoes that fit are a huge blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I am trying to acknowledge more and more - all the blessings in my live. God blesses us so much and many times we are too busy with life to notice.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are WAY cute! And I can just see Jesus smiling as you found them and tried them on!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision