Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Unbelievable

 You will not believe what happened here this week end! It is a rare occasion for sure. In fact, I can not think of the last time it happened here. 

We actually got snow!!! Here in Texas when we get snow - usually it is just an icy mess, but that was not the case this time. We actually got over 3 inches of snow. It snowed all day Sunday! It was so nice just to be able to stay home and enjoy the snow. We got our fireplace going and ran it all day Sunday and Monday as well.  

I was so thankful for our blessing of having firewood stacked up very nicely in the house. I was amazed at how well that firewood lasted. Not only did we run the fireplace those two days but also a few evenings as well before that and we could possible run the fire place a few more evenings on the wood we have in the house. 


I plan on restocking the wood sometime during the next week. It is best to be ready. It was so nice when we got a warning for up coming snow not to have to stress about getting wood in the house. This was actually the 2nd time this year that we had snow forecasted and the first time it did not come to fruition so to be honest when snow showed up in the forecast again I certainly held little hope of it actually coming true. But it actually snowed, all day long! And it stayed on the ground and accumulated. And the next day there was still snow on the ground and even into Tuesday. I am writing this Tuesday afternoon and the sun it out and we still have snow around, even though it is 50 degrees out. 

In Texas it is a rare thing for us to get accumulated snow. I looked it up and this general area had not had that kind of snow since 2015 and before that 2009. And that does not mean that we here at my house got it. Because I really can't remember the last time we got a good amount of snow that stuck and stayed around for a couple of days. Usually it snows and then it is gone. A rare occasion for sure but we enjoyed it and we were thankful to be able to stay home and enjoy it! 

Did you get snow at your house? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity