Friday, January 22, 2021

Very Important Advice - I hope you will take the time to listen...

This week my sister shared about an awesome sermon she had heard recently. I went and listened to it and I was blessed. I will warn you, it is a long sermon but it will be well worth your time. He starts with telling about a recent experience of his and it links with the sermon. I hope you all will take some time to listen to this sermon. Below you will find some of the main verses that go along with this sermon. I was busy doing some work in the kitchen when I wrote down the scripture references so he may have had a few more references than there and he may have read a little longer in some of the sections. 
Oh and by the way - my word for the year was used in this - so just be paying attention and next week when I share about how I choose the word for the year. :O)  
The title of the sermon is - Last Line of Defense 



 Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.
1 Timothy 4:16 

 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires
4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths
5 But you, be sober in all thingsendure hardshipdo the work of an evangelistfulfill your ministry.
II Timothy 4:3-5 

14 As a result, we are no longer to be childrentossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ
Ephesians 4:14:15

For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary * principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. 14
 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
Hebrews 4:12-14 

 "Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth."
John 17:17

And what is the Last Line of Defense? 

1. Remain faithful to the truth as it is in God's word.  
2. Remain faithful to the 3 angels message. 
3. Remain faithful to Jesus Christ. 

Come back next Friday when I will have a post for Freebie Friday! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity