Friday, January 8, 2021

Freebie Friday

 Today will be the beginning of a new series I will be having. It may not show up every week for obvious reasons. I may not get something free every week. So this will be a post that will show up when I actually have gotten something for free. I think it will be something fun to share.

There are several ways to get something for free. Sometimes friends give me things they no longer use or want. Sometimes I get free stuff from my favorite thrift store. And sometimes I get things for free - when shopping - especially at HEB. They are good about having sales where you get stuff for free when buying certain items. 

Today's freebie was from my favorite little thrift store. As I was leaving the store last week - a lady who works there showed me this little crockpot - that was filthy - I wish I had have gotten a photo of the inside of the bowl of this crockpot before my husband and I worked on it. It was very dirty. The bottom half along with the bottom of the bowl was black/brown dried on dirty. 

I knew that I had used bleach in the pasted to get some stains out of the pots I have and thought it would be worth it to try to clean this up. So I said "yes!" when she offered it to me. Of course I would be willing to scrub on it to see if I could get it cleaned up. And thankfully it cleaned up very nicely! 

I now have a small crockpot with a removeable pot. I love it. It will be great for things like queso!
Luckily for me - I already have a great freebie to share for next week - just hope I can get some photos and get a post typed up to share. :O) 

I would love to hear if you, my reader have gotten any freebies lately?!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity