Thursday, January 14, 2021

An Unbelievable Chicken Adventure

Today I want to share a little story - an unbelievable story really. Stay tuned and you will see what I mean.

When I went to put chickens up one evening, I counted them like I usually do to make sure they were all there. One was missing. I counted at least several more times to make sure. Earlier in the day we had had 2 chickens get out because someone forgot to shut a gate during the weekend. But we had gotten the chickens in and had closed the gate securely.

As I am counting chickens, I hear a whole lot of dogs in a yard behind our house barking like crazy. I mean I hadn't ever heard them bark that viciously before. I felt sick, I was almost sure my chicken had gotten into that yard. As I went to sleep that night I felt sick about my poor little chicken.

Fast forward to 2:15am. I get a phone call from my husband- he starts off by saying "everything is ok". He had stopped at QT about 13 miles from our house on his way to work to get gas. As he had walked back to get gas in the truck he discovered that my little black and white chicken had been roosting on a bar between his work truck and the trailer - ALL the way there. He put her in his trailer and drove her home where I met him out there to get her back to her home.


I was so grateful that she was alright and thankful that God protected her on that long journey!

Do you see how unbelievable that story seems - I am so shocked that the chicken stayed on the bar - especially when they arrived at QT and all the bright lights and my husband getting out of the truck and slamming the door. I am so grateful that she did not fly away. It is such a great story to show God's protection of even our animals. So thankful for a loving God! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity