Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Health Tidbits - You Probably Aren't Getting Enough of This?

So when I went to a couple of health seminars during camping I had the privilege to see Karen Houghton who wrote this cookbook:
During her talk she shared that it is best for us to shoot for 40 grams of fiber each day! And her suggestion is that you try to get 1/3- 1/2 of your fiber grams for breakfast. Since it is best to eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for supper.

I was told by a friend who is working at a health retreat - that the Dr at the retreat suggests those who have had cancer shoot for 60 grams of fiber per day. I have been trying to have more and more plant based diet to improve the amount of fiber I get.  And I will be sharing a couple of ways I am getting my fiber in another post.

This is a great cookbook - I highly recommend it.

Oh one I would like to get that was recommended at a seminar is called "From Plant to Plate" so I am on the look out for a copy of this cookbook.  :O)
*****************************************************************

On an unrelated topic- my MIL is having a medical procedure done today so she and I will probably be at the hospital a good part of the day. Please be praying all goes well and that their is not any cancer. Also for me. Yesterday she had two appointments and I spent a good amount of that day with her as well and by the time I was headed home I had quite a headache. Please pray that I can get through the day without another headache. It can just be stressful dealing with everything.
*************************************************************************

I also found out that my favorite quilt shop will be closing in just a couple of months. At July's BOM we will be getting two blocks and then in Aug we will get our very last block. She is having a going out of business sale now- so I have bought a few pieces of backing fabric so that I can work on getting some of my past BOM put together.  BOM is how I learned to quilt and if it had not been for this quilt shop, I would not be a quilter today. She has made an impact in our community.

Ok - that is all. I really need to get off of here and get busy. Hope you all have a great day! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you like the Naturally Gourmet cookbook! I've had my eye on it for a while. A couple of years ago, my aunt gave me From Plant to Plate, and I LOVE it! I think you will enjoy the recipes when you can find a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Heidi! Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the From Plant to Plate cookbook. :0)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant