Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"The Long Wait"

So this past week end a friend of mine - who knows that I have a lot of prayers on the "wait" list and so when she saw this story she was thoughtful and sent it to me to encourage me.


Here is a story from Signs of the Times Magazine:

The Long Wait
A poor woman stood at the gate that overlooked a vineyard.  As she was standing there the owner of the vineyard walked up.  "Would you like some grapes?"  he asked. "I would be very thankful to receive some" the woman replied. "Then bring your basket." The woman left and soon returned to the gate with her basket.  The owner took it and was gone a long time among the vines to the point that the woman became discouraged thinking that he wasn't coming back.  But when he returned the basket was heaping full. "I apologize for making you wait so long" the man said "but the longer you had to wait the more grapes you received." That's how it is with prayer.  We bring our empty "basket" and give it to God.  Sometimes it can seem He's waiting a long time to answer our prayer and sometimes our faith faints with the waiting.  But when the answer comes our "basket' is heaping full of luscious blessings.  We sometimes have to wait a long time so that He can bring us a better answer. J.R. Miller

If you would like to check out the website for the Signs of the Times Magazine - click on the link above! I hope you are blessed!

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)