Monday, March 28, 2016

Some Delicious Roasted Potatoes

Sharing a great recipe with you all today! :)
Naturally Gourmet


Roasted Potatoes

 8 large red potatoes
6 cloves of garlic, minced
3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Frontier all-purpose seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 - 2 Tb. olive oil - or to taste

Vegenaise(optional) - I didn't have any and I thought they were awesome just on their own!

 Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Combine all ingredients and mix well, then pour over potatoes that are in a bowl. Stir until potatoes are coated with mixture. Spread on a cookie sheet. Bake at 450* for 30 minutes until done.

Recipe says to top with vegenaise when serving. I didn't have any - And we ate them must like they came out. They are good- I didn't see the need to add anything. I used jarred garlic - where you use 1/2 tsp per clove. I was afraid that it was going to be too garlicky - but we really liked it.
 
On the sprigs of rosemary - a
 

For rosemary:
A sprig is generally defined as a 2- to 4-inch piece of the herb plant. You can substitute about 1/2 teaspoon of dried herb for a sprig

I did not use as much rosemary as they called for - because I had not looked up this info then. I probably only used 1 sprig- So I will have to try recipe again and use more and see what we think.
 
Aldi's run the red tators for like 99 cents for a 5 pound bag ever so often. So it would be a pretty economical dish.
 
I hope you all enjoy this dish as much as we did.
 
I got the recipe from "Naturally Gourmet" cookbook. And had to add a bit of the directions of how to put this together - to make it a little clearer of what to do.
 
Where I borrowed the photo of the cookbook from and where I got my cookbook - click HERE.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)