Friday, March 25, 2016

Defeat? Or Victory?


"I don't believe anyone ever felt so defeated, depressed, and cheated as eleven men did on a Friday night almost two thousand years ago. Jesus had promised them the world. They were going to sit on thrones and rule kingdoms. Life would be marvelous for them. They were important. Then, suddenly, Jesus was arrested, tortured, and crucified. The world had come to an end for them. Nothing will bring us as low as the cross brought them. Not even crippling disease, financial failure, desertion of friends, death of dear ones, or injustices of life. But was it defeat? On the contrary, it was the most glorious moment of victory this world has ever known."

This quote was found in a little book called "The Surrender of Self" written by Joe Crews that I read this week. When I read this quote I knew I needed to share it for todays post.

One reason I wanted to share this quote is because it helps us view the cross from a little different angle than we usually see it- we get to understand just a bit of what the disciples were feeling that night.

Another reason is because in our lives we may experience circumstances that feel like defeat, but in the end - there may be victory. All we need to do is to surrender our lives to God and allow Him to guide and direct and let Him take care of the results. Praise the Lord for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories