Sunday, December 1, 2013

2 Weeks Post Op

Well it's about 2 weeks post op. I have actually been doing pretty good. Just experiencing the normal ups and downs of life. But of course, sometimes I feel more emotional than usual.

I had read up on all sorts of things to expect after having a total hysterectomy, but I am finding some new things that I had not expected. My face has been breaking out. I had thought that my biggest problem with my face would be being dry but right now I am experiencing acne. Not horrible but was just a surprise. I am trying to do better at taking care of my face and hoping that things will level out and that it will calm down.

These are my IV spots- the first and the last one- The top photo is the last IV that I got - it was the BIG one that I showed. I can not believe that after 2 weeks it is still this big.

The last 5 days have been a bit harder on me - to be good and not over do it. My son has had his daughter and so we have gotten to spend time with SweetPea. It is so much harder to be have when she is around.

We went to my MIL for Thanksgiving Day and then we had a Thanksgiving Day for our family on a different day. I think I may have over done it then too- my husband did a lot of the cooking but I helped quite a bit. Today I have been feeling a little more sore- could be just because things have calmed down a bit, since we only had SweetPea around till about 2pm today.

After that my husband and I rented a movie from Redbox- Red 2. It was pretty good. He has been so good to watch all sorts of Hallmark Christmas Movies with me - it was nice for him to get to watch a movie he has been looking forward too seeing. We really enjoyed Red so it was fun to get to watch this one. And the way it ended - I am sure we will see a Red 3 in the future.

Well I just wanted to check in with you all. I hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling better and will be doing better to start reading more of your great blog posts. It was just a bit hard after the surgery to focus on things- I had a brain fog - that was really weird - I could feel it come and go - or at least get worse. I have not been having that as bad so I am thinking that it will be easier to read now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)