Sunday, December 22, 2013

Plus 2 =7

Just an update to let you guys know how I am doing.
Below is a photo to show where my most recent incisions were:
 
Photo: Here is where my newest incisions are, making a grand total of 7 incisions on the trunk of my body.   Still soreness and burning this morning, but gonna try to take it easy and use my ice pack when needed.  Hoping everyone had a great day!! :0)

 These 2 make a grand total of 7 incisions on the trunk of my body.
 
These two - especially the bottom one that has at least 6 stitches in it - is very sore. It seems any time that I move my right arm to do much of anything - it hurts. When I laugh - it hurts. When I take a deep breath it hurts. And not only does it hurt - but it burns. I had not realized that I would have 2 incisions and when the procedure was explained to me and I found out I would be away for the procedure - I really had not been prepared for as much pain as I have experienced. And I have to sleep on my back- because the turning over and moving around like that really hurts. Anyway - had not meant to get on here and complain so much but I just was not really prepared for so much soreness and burning sensation. But I should not be surprised- they had to pull my skin over the port which is pretty big and then stitch the hole shut. So really it should not be surprising cause my skin is having to stretch out.

I am glad the procedure is behind me. And I am just trying to take care of myself so I will heal better- but sometimes it is hard- with having to do everyday things.
 
I hope you all are having a good week end! The sun is shining, but it is still quite cold outside with temps in the 30's right now. With a high of 45 expected. Ya'll take care. :O)
 

3 comments:

  1. No words... except... praying, sis. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth- I really appreciate those prayers!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, I just saw your question about Donald's port. He did not have burning or pain when it was installed - the only time it has hurt a tiny bit is if he is wrestling with Daddy or Big Brother and they bump it. Give your doctor or triage nurse a call and see what they have to say. I pray the pain goes away very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories