Sunday, December 29, 2013

A little area can become bigger- if allowed

Hello- I have a few minutes and thought I would drop in and do a little up date. Last night for the first time in over a week- I was actually able to sleep a straight 6 hours without waking up because of pain! It felt so good to wake up and realize that I had slept that long. I am feeling a little more positive today.


Our Sabbath School teacher shared a little story with us that really helped me. It was just what I needed to hear.

He -let's call him Bill, was at a 12 step meeting. The man next to him- reached his arm over and began to scratch a little area on Bill's shoulder. Bill said, "Larry, what are you doing?"

Larry said, "being satan."  And he began to share how that is just how satan does us - he finds a sore spot - like a temptation, disappointment, or frustration and he begins to just scratch at it- before long the sore is bigger and bigger- if we allow him to continue to scratch at that area.

I had been being scratched at over the last couple of weeks. The list of side effects of chemo are scary. And he had been really scratching at that with me. It had me down.

When I heard this little story - it encouraged me. It helped me realize that even though these fears are scratched at - I can choose not to let it bother me. I can look to Jesus and remember that He is in control and that He will get me through what ever it is I will face over the next 6 months of my life. It is all scary - I am not going to lie. But I have hope - Hope in Jesus Christ and I am thankful that I have Him in my life.


I hope you guys are all having a great week end. My son has SweetPea this week so I will be taking care of her. I am glad that I am feeling more positive and have a bit more energy.

I'll check in again later. Take Care :O)

4 comments:

  1. How often we worry for nothing. Even if what we worried about DOES come true, our worrying does nothing to help the situation. But trusting Jesus does. This is a lesson I am needing to learn myself. My new motto for 2014 is " We have nothing to fear for the future except as we forget how God has led us in our past." E.G.White, Life Sketches p. 196

    ReplyDelete
  2. TN Quiltbug said it all... God is faithful. I am glad you are feeling more positive too. :-)

    This was a very timely post. This past week was a 'scratchy' one for my family, so this bit of encouragement was needed. Thanks, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to describe that pesky devil. He is just plain irritating! Take care sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision