Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

This morning our oldest son ended up having a 102.8 temp and had to go to the Dr. He tested positive for the flu. I had went over there and picked up SweetPea - before he went to the Dr. And we have had her ever since. We are going to attempt to keep her over night. It will be the first time she has stayed over night. I think she will do good. She has done great so far. She has had he bath and is now watching a favorite show to help her calm down a bit and then it will be story time!!

The plan had been that he was going to work half a day - and then come and get SweetPea and I was going to be able to spend a couple of hours this afternoon running some much needed errands. But it is a good thing that I have learned long ago to hold my plans loosely. It turned out that my husband got off of work a couple of hours early and then we all 3 went to run errands. I just don't have all of my strength back yet. In fact, I ended up having to carry my granddaughter to my car and then to the house cause she was still in pj's this morning and I have been sore- this evening- from hysterectomy. So I will need to take it a little easier if possible. It is hard to do when you have a young child in your home.

Today I picked up the prescriptions that had been called in by the oncologist- for nausea. That was a little bit of a challenge for me. It is things like that - that make all of this real to me. There are times that life seems normal and I tend to forget what is going on and then something hits me- and there it is again. It sure does give me lots of practice of learning to trust God - when I don't understand what is going on.

This new years eve- we are doing what we do every year and that is stay home. A lot of times we get a movie or something like that - to make it special but I really don't like getting out. This New Year's Eve is a bit different since we have our granddaughter. We live just outside of a city - actually in the city limits but we have not always been in the city limits so our neighbors like to shoot off fire works. I am hoping that the fan that we run for noise will cover the sound of the fire works so we all can get some sleep tonight. It has been a long day and I am one tired girl- will probably be going to bed early. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve. :O)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of Scott being sick! Praying he recovers quickly, and that YOU stay clear of those germs! Hope you were all able to get sleep last night--I went to bed at my normal time, I was so tired, and drifted off to sleep hearing fireworks somewhere in the distance. Fortunately, it wasn't our immediately next door neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking