Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I love Flowers

Hello~ How are you all doing? Me? Doing pretty good considering... The good news is that the sun has come out today!! And although it is still below freezing there is hope that some of this yucky ice will melt away. I sure hope so because sometime later this week I have to drive to my pet scan and I do NOT like to drive on ice - don't have hardly any experience and just don't like being out in it. So I stay home. I am so grateful to have that choice. Not everyone does.
 
I noticed that I forgot to share some flowers that I got at the hospital.
 
Photo: Flowers I got while in the hospital from some very special people! :O)


And yesterday - I got these. It was funny. I had no idea I was going to get flowers. I got a phone call- a man that I did not recognize, from a phone number I did not recognize - asked if I was Lisa ........ and I said yes. He said where are you at? I am like.... ummmm ... why? He said he had flowers for me. lol - Then I was willing to tell him how to get to my house.
 
Photo: Flowers I got today from some other very special people I know!!


I just love flowers and it really made my day to get them.
 
Yesterday was a rough day for me. I am not surprised at all - just the news alone could make anyone have a rough day - or just the fact of having the hysterectomy and no longer having the hormones could also make me have a rough day. And then to put them together... goodness. I am just allowing myself to cry when I need to. It seems that the shower seems to be a place that I tend to think more, I guess I am not distracted by anything while I am in there and so I tend to let my mind wander.
 
Last Tuesday morning, I went to my favorite little thrift shop in the small town nearby. And I was happy to find, among other things, these two books!!!!
 
Photo: Look what I just found!!!!
A friend had recommended these to me - and she had actually let me borrow her books. And I had begun reading- The Science of Prayers it's ABC's"
And not only did I find both of the books - they were only 50 cents each!! That was a God thing. He knew I needed my own copy of them. What I have read so far has been great. I would highly recommend them.
 
I do hope you are all doing well. Take care :O)
 

3 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the ABC of bible prayer as soon as amazon gets it back

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! The books and the flowers! That is funny about how the person asked where you were--he should have first identified himself as being from the florist! I would have hesitated to tell someone where I lived as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I am so glad you had reasons for smiles today! And I know your weather has been dicey, so just getting out is a blessing. Flowers to cheer your heart, books to cheer your soul. Wonderful!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2