Friday, December 20, 2013

What a Long Day...

It has been a long day.... I am so very tired. I will be going to bed soon. But I just had to get on here and let you guys know that I am ok. We were told to be at the hospital at 11 am. We did not realize that my procedure was not scheduled till 1pm. When we got there- we were told that there had been an emergency at the hospital and that the team that was going to do my procedure had - had to work the emergency so they were running behind.

So they got some blood drawn. And then they started trying to get an iv going. After two unsuccessful tries - of digging around - painful experience. They got someone from the anesthesia team to come and put one in and Praise the Lord she was able to get it on the first try- it still hurt but at least it worked. By the time she was putting it in - I had not eaten or drank anything in about 13 hours, no wonder it was harder to start the iv. Anyway then we waited and waited. We finally talked to the Dr and then waited longer - and a little after 2pm - they took me back for the procedure. I was actually awake during this procedure- I could feel what was going on - not really the pain- except for the several sticks with the needle to put the Novocaine in to deaden the area. I ended up with 2 incisions - one at my neck and then one above my right breast - and towards the inner part of it.

The procedure was done at about 3pm or a little after. And I was able to leave the hospital about 5pm. We needed to pick up our granddaughter at 6pm - so we drove straight over to get her- and did not end up getting home until 7pm. And believe me - the couple of hours of driving - the numbing stuff started to wear off and let me tell you - my incisions were sore and burning. Laughing hurt- as did turning my head. Once I got home - I took a pain pill I had - and I am feeling a bit better. Not sure how tonight is going to go - how I will sleep without pain. Turning my head either way very far hurts.
But I am so very tired - hopefully I will be able to sleep - no matter what position I have to sleep in to bypass hurting.

Anyway I just did not want to leave you guys hanging. You have all been so good to pray for me and I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a good, comfortable, pain-free night's rest for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got in... How are you doing now, Lisa?

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories