Thursday, December 26, 2013

Not a Quiet Christmas at Home After All

Well we had an interesting Christmas. We were going to have a Family get together at my Mother's house- but she and then her husband got a rash and they have not been able to figure out what the cause is- and they did not want to expose me. And trust me - as much as I would have loved to have gotten together as a family- I do not want a itchy rash. So it was going to be a quiet day at home. We had decided to wait till Sunday to have our family get together - since our granddaughter will be with us then.

My husband has started to get sore throat and not feel good on Christmas eve- about 9-10pm. The next morning - he took his temp. and it was about 99 or so. As the day went on - the number on the thermometer went up. And when it got to 103.8 we decided it was a good idea to get him to a Dr. So with it being Christmas Day we had to go to the ER. After a couple of hours we were headed home- with prescriptions to get him some meds. It was basically the beginnings of the flu. So glad we got him seen that quick. His temps have been a steady 100-102 today. When I was picking up his prescriptions -I bought myself some CVS brand Airborne stuff - the tablets that you drop down into 4-6 ounces of water and let it set for 1 - 2 minutes and then you drink it. I took one last night and have had 2 today- I will have one a little later. It is suppose to give you nutrients to help your immune system. Anyway so I am sure hoping I do not get sick. I did get the flu shot this year in October, it seems that if I had not have had it done then - I would have had to get it after this cancer diagnosis.

I made us a pan of Chicken and Dumplings for supper. We needed something warm and soothing like that.

Anyway I hope you all had a good Christmas and that you experience the peace that only God can give. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking