Friday, December 13, 2013

The Results are In

As you all know - my appointment with the Oncology Dr was this morning. And the results? Well- NO cancer showed up on my ct/pet scan! Praise the LORD!!!! What wonderful words to hear. Now- that does not mean that this journey is over, nope. I will still have to have 6 rounds of chemo- lasting 18 weeks - and then when that is done - I will have to do radiation- 3-5 treatments. And the first one of those sounds really uncomfortable and difficult. I will have to have a port put in before Chemo starts.

My Dr. told me that I might want to cut my hair in anticipation of losing my hair. She said that it is usually harder for women with longer hair to lose their hair- mine is not long, but it is about 2-3 inches past my shoulders. So Monday is my appointment to get my hair cut - and I am going to have it cut to about my chin - and have her do an undercut - I think so it will kind of curl under. I think that is probably as short as I can go right now- I will face- having no hair when that day comes.

Just wanted to leave you with a wonderful song about praising God for ALL His blessings. May it bless your soul. Have a wonderful week end. We are about to go get our grandbaby for the week end so I'll probably be out this week end - see you guys next week. :O)


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

6 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for a clean scan! I'm claiming the same promise for you that we've been claiming for our son on his cancer journey-- God is Faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for the good news! One day at a time. God is faithful--and hair can grow back! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's great news! I'm glad you had those results before Sabbath. :) God will sustain you the whole way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you :)
    Good for you for cutting your hair to the length you know you can handle. Each step will come naturally. One by one, you'll face them, and overcome.
    God is good, and he will be good to you.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord! I only just saw this, but I am so happy for this bit of good news.... God is faithful, and he will surely see you through to the end... one step at a time. :-)

    {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies~ Thank you so very much for the prayers. May God bless each of you in a very special way!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant