Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Red Sea Rules #2





"Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief." (p. 17)







"For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They are entangled in the land, the wilderness hath shut them in. 4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so." Exodus 14: 3-4



"If we could only look upon a difficult crisis as an occasion to bring out, on our behalf, the sufficiency of divine grace, it would enable us to preserve the balance of our souls and to glorify God, even in the deepest waters." C.H. Mackintosh



As many of you know, I have been going through a rough time. In the past month or so I finally feel like I am finding my joy and peace again. If you'd like to read about our rough time click here.



As I read this Rule and the information provided. I find one of the main reasons why I had such a hard time - for such a long time. I was asking the wrong questions. "Why is this happening to me?" Along with other type questions. These questions did nothing to help me.



This book points out that when we are going through rough times ask the question: "How can God be glorified in this situation?"


"One's perspective is entirely changed by the spiritual realities behind that approach. It's like switching on floodlights in a dark stadium." (page 19)



"I know He tries me only to increase my faith, and that is all in love, well, if He is glorified, I am content." J. Hudson Taylor



We find that Jesus "practiced Red Sea Rule #2 when difficulties and demands complicated His agenda."(page 21) When Jesus was "facing the most excruciating week of His life, Jesus asked not, " How can I get out of this? but "How can God's name be glorified?" (page 22)



"God doesn't waste suffering. If He leads us into impossible spots He will deliver us in His own time, in His own way, and for His name's sake. Our job amid the difficulty is to learn our Lord's simple but submissive prayer: What shall I say? Save me from this hour? No, Father, glorify Your name. " (page 22 - 23)



So now I realize that I had been asking the wrong questions. I had been focused on me and that was not helping me at all. Now I have taken the focus off of me and am learning to ask the question: "How can God be glorified in this situation I am facing?"

Edited to add: Wow - As I just read through this, it has helped encourage me in the trial I am now facing. And I have renewed my prayer of how can this glorify God? I hope you were encouraged as well. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision