Sunday, March 18, 2012

Treasure Found

On Friday, I stopped by a local Antique Mall. On a mission to find a "new" dresser. Right now I have a large, old dresser - that takes quite a bit of space on my side of the room. I was wanting to get a standing (up and down) dresser, and that way maybe I could find a great chair to fit on my side of the room. Anyway - so I was looking for the dresser and I ended up finding something else. Look:

The cutest little hutch. It is just under 3 ft tall. I loved it. So I took this photo and went home. Then today - soon after the Mall opened my husband and I were there to get it. I paid a pretty penny for it, but it is very sturdy and I think that it will be used for a LONG time.

Not long after we got home - did not even have a chance to get it set up where we wanted it in the room- my son brought our sweet granddaughter over.


She loved it. Oh - I was so thrilled. I had a box of these dishes. They are glass(I would have preferred plastic) but she did very well at playing with them. I only got a few pieces of the set out for her to play with. We had a very good visit with her.


**************************


I was so glad to get our yard mowed this morning. And I got a lot of weed eating done as well. Would have gotten more done but one of our batteries is not working properly. I am testing it tonight. I don't know if I did not let it charge up enough or if it is messed up. Anyway I will know tomorrow.


Oh but I have so much weed eating to do. With a decent amount of rain lately - the grass has really been growing alot. And today I had to get my gloves and actually pull some of the tall weeds. But I have got SO much weed eating to do to catch up. I am hoping that my push mower will be fixed this week and then I will be able to get a lot done with the push mower. I am hoping to get caught up soon. Because I have a BIG job to do- clean up a big corner in our yard. I am hoping to clear it up before the poison ivy starts growing. So I have a limited amount of time. And guess what - it looks like we will be getting ALOT of rain the next couple of days. So no yard work - and with more rain - I will have even larger weeds...uggg.


Ok enough of dwelling on that. I will get it done eventually.


Well I hope you all have a great week! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking