Saturday, March 10, 2012

God Uses Trials For Our Good

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

This week I had a light bulb moment. One of those times when you thought you knew something but then a much deeper meaning comes to your realization. As baby Christians, I think that we look at this verse in the Bible and figure that it basically means that everything will work out for good. But where the problem is - is that we are going by our own idea of what the word "good" means. You see God's meanings of things are many times totally different than our meanings of things. Our world was taken over by sin and so many of our ideas are riddled with sin.

There are many areas that the way that God looks at things are different than the way we look at things. The world looks at the outer person, but God looks on the inside. Here on earth we look at a person's education, amount of money, and looks as a way to place value on a person. But God is not a respecter of persons.

So as I was thinking about some really rough things that I have been going through and also about some very rough situations that several people I know are going through - it finally hit me.
God loves us so very much and His number one goal is the salvation of those He loves. He wants as many people that will accept Him as their Lord and Savior to come to Him and have salvation. And sometimes He allows bad things to happen in order to draw us closer to Himself. I am not saying that He causes things to happen, maybe He does, maybe He does not- that really is not what I am talking about here. What I am trying to say is that He uses different situations in our lives and many times it is the painful one, to bring us into a deeper relationship with Him. See from His point of view - these earthly lives of ours, are but for a short time period compared to eternity. And He might have to allow us to go through some really rough times on this earth- and He sees it as worth it and of much gain - if we allow Him to mold us and lead us even through the difficult times. What gain - Salvation - living forever with Him in eternity!!

So if you are going through some hard, painful things in your life realize that God is in control and that we can trust Him. He is working things out for our eternal good. This life is just as a drop of water into the ocean - compared to eternity. And I for one - want to be ready when Jesus comes again. And if that means that He has to allow trials to come into our lives then I am willing to allow Him Lordship in my life. He know what is best for me and I am so thankful that He only has my best in mind!

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories