Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Cheapest in at Least 7 years!

Yesterday we got our electric bill. Guess what? It was $40.00 cheaper than last year same month!! Yay! I am so happy about that. I just went and checked our electric bill for the past 7 years and guess what - we are cheapest this year of any year in the past in the month of March. The closest we have gotten to as cheap as it was was within about $21 but that was like 6 years ago! And when you consider that the rates for electricity have gone up then it really does show how just making a few changes here and there- make a big difference!!

We have had great weather the last couple of days!! I have spent time getting my garden boxes ready for planting. I had to go get some soil and such to help fill up two of our garden boxes. We got them dumped and everything mixed up. My husband used our small tiller and mixed the dirt up really good. Then yesterday I was able to plant some of my plants. I am not planting a lot, but I plan to really take care of what we plant and praying that God blesses and we are able to share some of our produce. I planted some yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomato plants. I am hoping to be able to get a couple of cucumber plants planted and a few other things. I just have to work on getting my other garden boxes ready for plants. I look forward to the fresh produce that will help supplement our grocery bill. And because I am starting out small - I am hoping that I will be able to do a good job to keep all the weeds and such under control.

Well that is what is going on in our neck of the woods this week. I hope that everyone is having a great week! God bless you and keep you till we meet again. :o)

Edited to add: I just went back even further in my Record Notebook- and found out that I had to go all the way back to 2001 in order to find an electric bill cheaper for this month. That is amazing!! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Now tell us what changes you have made. I remember you mentioning that you were waiting to run the dish washer until it was completely full, but what else?

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

19: Go to the Ant