Sunday, March 11, 2012

In The Kitchen

Overnight Cauliflower Salad

small head of lettuce, shredded
large head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 C chopped onion
1/3-1/2 C imitation bacon bits

1 C mayonnaise
1/3 -1/2 C Parmesan cheese
4 T sugar

In large serving bowl, layer first 4 ingredients in order listed. With a fork, blend mayo, Parmesan cheese and sugar and spread over the top of salad. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir well at serving time.

This is a recipe that I got from my husband's aunt. Then I tweaked the recipe a bit. It is pretty good.
I hope you all are having a good week-end. It has been a rainy one here in Texas. We really need the rain to make up or such a shortage last year. And plus the next few days look to be sunshiney and warm. I had really wanted to get my garden planted this week end but will have to wait a few more days. Ya'll have a good one! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking