Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week end Get Away - 2

Yesterday I shared about our week end get away. We had a really nice time. It was really way over due. We really needed the time away. It is very refreshing to the soul to change things up a bit with new scenery and new experiences.
I loved how each morning my husband would make me a waffle in the shape of Texas. That always makes a special time. It is nice to be waited on some.
There were just a couple of things that I wanted to share that were not all that fun but they did add to the week end get away.
Each evening we went to Purtis Creek to fish. We fish at a pier and this pier has big lights and it makes it great cause you can fish into the night. Well the only problem is that when the sun goes down - and the lights come on- that all the bugs for miles around are drawn to the lights. So they go flying around and bug me to death.
Another not so nice thing. As we were fishing there were several pretty big snakes swimming around in the water- checking out every ones lines and they were scary to look at -well to me and the other women on the pier anyways.
A very large snake was found at Lake Whitney State park recently a large rattle snake that is. Anyway so I was a bit nervous when we were hiking out in the woods for several miles that we would come across a snake. Oh and when we were at the Arboretum - there was a large cage -specially to catch wild Boer's - and there were the digging marks in the yard as well. Anyway I was kind of worried that we would meet up with a Boer too. But I prayed and I am thankful to report we saw nothing dangerous. And had a good time. :o)
QUESTION: Ok - I wrote up this post and it looks nice here - where I am typing it out but once I publish it this all smushes together. Does anyone know why it does this?

2 comments:

  1. I saw a picture of that snake at Lake Whitney - scary! I have not been to Purtis Creek, I'd like to visit and hike there. Your pictures are motivating me to get over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hiking trail was closed over the week end due to so much rain - actually the bait shop was closed as well because it had been flooded. Anyway I think it is a cool place to visit. I am hoping that the hiking trail will be open the next time we go so we can check it out. Let me know what you think of Purtis Creek. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)