Monday, March 19, 2012

Pain

There are a couple of different kinds of pain/sorrow. There is a kind of pain that comes from situations and circumstances that we can share with other people and there is a pain that is involves situations and circumstances that we can not share with others.

I much prefer the first kind-the kind that is the results of things that I can share with other people. Many times when I have shared these pains, I have found that I am not the only one. What a comfort it is to know that I am not alone in my suffering. I am also able to ask for prayers in dealing with this pain. And what a comfort it is to know that people will be lifting me up in prayer.

The second kind of pain/sorrow - is secret pain. This is the pain that comes from situations and circumstances that we can not share with others. And we do not feel as free to ask for prayers with this kind of pain either. It seems that people are more inclined to pray for you when they know the details. Don't know if that is true or not but sometimes it feels that way. Often times this leaves us feeling the weight of the burden which often times seems to increase the pain and suffering, just because we feel we have to carry it alone.

Right now I am dealing with some things that I can share and somethings that I can not. It has been a comfort to be able to share with close friends and family members those things in which I can share. And I have been blessed with some great friends that not only love me but love the Lord and they lift me up in prayer.

When you are faced with any type of pain and suffering - be sure to take it to Jesus. It is those painful times in life which often times, if we allow them, draw us closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And when you are closer to Jesus, He is able to strengthen you.

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

"7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE Isaiah 40!

    Praying for you today--for all things that are concerning you. Jesus knows all, and He cares about everything.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking