Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In the Sewing Room

A couple of weeks ago, I was at one of my favorite thrift stores and I found these:

Three packages of these Moda Charm packs. Well one day - I had some free time so I started sewing some blocks together. Since there was like 1 square of each fabric and each bunch had about 25-30 different fabrics. So I got to a point that I was kind of stuck as to what to do with the pattern of it. So I got a piece of graph paper or something like that and began to work:

I ended up having to unsew a few places in order to make things match and look good. All and All I am pretty happy with the results.

Except the fact that it is only about 40 inches square. And do not have enough fabric to do another round of squares on it. Then I ran into another problem. Well what I would like to do is to buy some of one of these fabrics in order to do a border or two around it and then one of the fabrics for the binding, but guess what? Since it has been a while since this fabric was sold - I am having a hard time finding some fabric to work with. So now I am kind of stuck. I am kind of wishing I had have thought it all out and then I might have just tried to make a table runner or two. The positive - is that I know now. So before you start a project - think it through.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is lovely --- and what a wonderful find on Moda charm packs! Great deal! I love Moda prints and am working on a 9-patch with Moda prints too. I love how you laid your design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I am just hoping to find some fabric that matches it so I can finish it out.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories